Thursday, August 30, 2007

Apple Stock Will Drop to $78

How dare I say that?

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan and advocate of Apple products.
However, when it comes to the mainstream, I know what I'm in the
market for this year and it isn't another iPod upgrade.

With that... here's my prediction:

Apple Announcement Sept 5th

I'm sure Steve will announce how successful his numbers were in the
iPhone area, and downplay hackers & the Google Phone. And then swing into how famously great the iPod has been. Leaving a lukewarm introduction for Apple's next combo:

An iPod with combined features of iPhone: Flash memory, touchscreen, it's an iChat/Skype phone that uses wifi networking for $379. The customer is the enthusiast techie who uses VOIP within their own closed wifi network. However, ths is not for me and therefore does not match the mainstream.

Nothing new for anyone to replace or buy.

So what could really send Apple (AAPL) stock soaring? The next great thing would be to replace the home entertainment center:

An LCD HDTV perfectly-mounted screen, wirelessly streaming data from other Apple devices. DVD, TV tuner, rent movies from iTunes like a Netflix. Announce for Christmas sales and right before the Superbowl. GAWD, I'd purchase that in a heartbeat! In the 70's it was called a stereo/TV console, in the 90's an entertainment center. Right price, right setup, right now, iCinema.

If that's not coming, the stock's going down to $78.

From another blogger point of view: Steve Jobs’ Master Plan

No comments: